Find your student accommodation Durham, with ease on Unilodgers.com! The city offers international students some of United Kingdom's finest higher education institutions, including the Durham University, and many more. Owing to this, student accommodation in Durham has witnessed massive growth. Thousands of international students flock to the city to get the best of higher education. Find hundreds of student rooms from en suites, studios, shared flats for Durham Universities on Unilodgers.com. On Unilodgers, all student living in Durham comes fully furnished to the highest of standards to ensure a comfortable stay.
Get ready to have the time of your life in Durham, one of the most livable cities in the world! Students from around the globe come to Durham for its top-notch universities, cultural diversity, exciting culinary scene, bountiful job market, and so much more. Student accommodation in Durham is plentiful and once you decide which area to live in, you’ll have no problem finding a shared apartment, en-suite room, or studio. If you’re getting ready to book your student housing Durham, Unilodgers can help!
All our Durham properties are located close to public transport, have amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, and theater rooms), and a range of apartments.
6 Reasons to Book Your Student accommodation in Durham With Unilodgers
1. Our services are 100% free. We have absolutely zero fees, charges, or markups on your booking. Why are our services free? For each completed booking, we charge a success fee from property owners…never our student customers.
2. Personalized service is what we’re all about. Each student is assigned a Personal Student Advisor for year-round assistance from booking until checkout day. Our 24/7 student hub team is always there when you need us.
3. We provide easy and instant online booking. Unilodgers’ online booking platform provides streamlined service from beginning to end. Find the best Durham student housing, book, and confirm. As always, our Personal Student Advisors are there for you through it all.
4. Find the best offers guaranteed. There are no off days for Unilodgers, and we pride ourselves on securing the lowest prices and best deals every day.
5. We get student accommodation. At Unilodgers we truly understand that the student home is the place where a lifetime of memories are made. To that end, we make every effort to provide our students with only the best properties to select from. We ensure every property listed is verified strictly for the purpose of student accommodation in Durham. We also certify that each property offers bright and clean rooms, great social and study spaces, safe and calm surroundings, and is located close to universities.
6. A seamless and secure booking process. Once you’ve decided where you’d like to take up residence, conveniently pay directly to your property – not a third party. As always, you’ll never pay any additional charges or fees for booking your student accommodation Durham to Unilodgers.
Move map to see properties
10 results found
Durham city lies upon the River Wear and is located in North East England, south of New Castle upon Tyne. It is popular around the world for its Norman Cathedral, founded in 1093 A.D. and the Durham Castle, home to Durham University; and collectively, was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1986.
The grand Norman-era Durham Cathedral (which plays a role in Harry Potter), and nearby fairy-tale, turreted castle have the words 'World Heritage Site' written all over them. The majestic north east city of Durham is a historical treasure trove; castles nestle in riversides, parks thrive with deer, and living museums radiate with industrial heritage, but that’s just a taste of the best places to visit in Durham.
Durham University is the only major institution of higher education and follows the Collegiate System similar to that of University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford. It is known for its academic excellence and is ranked amongst the Top 100 Universities of the world and attracts a large number of home and international students every year.
With an impressive selection of affordable studios, en-suite rooms and self-catered flats with shared bathrooms, Durham student accommodations have something for everyone. They are all primarily located in the heart of the city or close to campus; well furnished with all contemporary amenities and are committed to providing you a safe, secure and sociable environment.
The total population of Durham city is 65,549, out of which over 17,500 are students. The city experiences a temperate climate with the month of July being mildly warm at 19° and January is the coldest month with the temperature dropping to 6°.
It is easy to get around the city by foot and cycle since Durham City campus is only a 12 minutes’ walk from the city centre. For longer distances within Durham County, buses are the best option and you can find buses connecting Queen’s campus and Durham City that will take about 45 minutes. If travelling to other cities there are excellent intercity railway links with other parts of UK, and you can get to the railway station in 10 minutes from the city centre. The nearest international airport is in Newcastle upon Tyne which can be reached in an hour and London airports in about 4 hours by train.