Looking for Iowa State University housing? You’ve come to the right place! Iowa State University accommodation offers students plenty of options with floor plans ranging from a private room in a 2, 3 or 4-bed apartment to a fully private 1BHK. You’ll definitely find your match with Unilodgers. And no matter which student apartment you finally go for, you’re going to be treated to many cool amenities. Think lounge, courtyards, tanning beds, BBQ area, clubhouse, swimming pool, and fire pit. And that’s not even the full list! Ames can be a hot city, especially after April. The on-site swimming pool at your student residence is going to be a total saviour on those days! And for fall, the fire pits should serve you well with barbecued food next to hot grills.
All the Iowa State University apartments are located very close to campus and it's pretty easy to find public transport too. The best part is, all the apartments are within walking distance of the city centre where you’ll find all the best food, great drinks (always!), and plenty to shop and explore around. Go for some retail therapy at Strip Center or Ames Plaza. Take an evening stroll at Reiman Gardens. Mucky Ducky Pub and Applebee’s Grill are student-faves for beers and barbecue. Head to Wasabi Ames and Fuji Japanese Steak House when you’re in the mood for Japanese.
Some of the most recommended Iowa State University apartments are The Foundry - Ames, 23Twenty Lincoln, The Edge Ames, Union on Lincoln Way, Aspen Ames, Stadium View Suites, and Grove at Ames.
Ready to book Iowa State University housing? Here’s why booking with Unilodgers is the smart way to do it.
- No ifs, no bots: Our Personal Student Advisors are real people, available 24x7 to guide you through anything
- Save for a rainy day: With ‘lowest price promise’ and the best deals on every property, we master the art of bargaining.
- Easy to look, easy to book: Our simple online interface takes all the fuss out of finding and booking your student housing.
- No secrets. We promise: You pay the rent, and nothing but the rent - we don't do commissions, booking fees, or hidden charges.
- There’s one for everyone: In pants and in student housing, "one size fits all" never works. We offer you a variety of options such as choosing an entire place, a shared apartment, or a private room - whatever suits your needs.
- We students: We ensure that all properties listed with us are comfortable, welcoming, and suitable for a student’s lifestyle
Move map to see properties
Iowa State University is located in Ames, Iowa and it’s the largest university in Iowa. It’s a popular uni with students who want to study design, engineering, education, journalism and mass communication. The uni’s architecture programs are highly ranked in the US too. They have an annual on-campus education and entertainment festival called VEISHEA, named after the uni’s original five institutions - Vet Medicine, Engineering, Industrial Science, Home Economics and Agriculture. The uni is well inclined towards sports too, considering the long list of athletes that have graduated from here. Many bigshots have studied here too. Some popular names include iconic pilot Clarence Chamberlin, astronaut Clayton Anderson, botanist George Washington Carver, senators Joni Ernst, Tom Harkins, and Kim Reynolds, to name a few. You could be on that list soon!
Ames, Iowa has a thriving economy and it’s one of the few cities to have quickly recovered after the recession which even gobbled up the 300-year-old leviathan Lehman Brothers for lunch! So it’s an ideal place for students looking at the long haul for their career in this city. Now, of course, you need a good (rather the best) place to stay off-campus (good students live on campus, better ones stay off). There are many Iowa State University student apartments around the campus and we help you decide which you should book and then help you book it at the best price too!