Find your student accommodation York, with ease on Unilodgers.com! The historic walled city of York is located at the confluence of Rivers Foss and Ouse in Yorkshire, England. The city offers international students some of United Kingdom's finest higher education institutions, including the University of York, and many more. Owing to this, student accommodation in York has witnessed massive growth. Thousands of international students flock to the city to get the best of higher education. Find hundreds of York student rooms from en suites, studios, shared flats for York Universities on Unilodgers.com.
Get ready to have the time of your life in York, one of the most livable cities in the world! Students from around the globe come to York for its top-notch universities, cultural diversity, exciting culinary scene, bountiful job market, and so much more. Student accommodation York is plentiful and once you decide which area to live in, you’ll have no problem finding a shared apartment, en-suite room, or studio. If you’re getting ready to book your student housing York, Unilodgers can help!
All our York properties are located close to public transport, have amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, and theater rooms), and a range of York student apartments.
6 Reasons to Book Your Student accommodation in York With Unilodgers
1. Our services are 100% free. We have absolutely zero fees, charges, or markups on your booking. Why are our services free? For each completed booking, we charge a success fee from property owners…never our student customers.
2. Personalized service is what we’re all about. Each student is assigned a Personal Student Advisor for year-round assistance from booking until checkout day. Our 24/7 student hub team is always there when you need us.
3. We provide easy and instant online booking. Unilodgers’ online booking platform provides streamlined service from beginning to end. Find the best student housing York, book, and confirm. As always, our PSA's are there for you through it all.
4. Find the best offers guaranteed. There are no off days for Unilodgers, and we pride ourselves on securing the lowest prices and best deals every day.
5. We get student accommodation. At Unilodgers we truly understand that the student home is the place where a lifetime of memories is made. To that end, we make every effort to provide our students with only the best properties to select from. We ensure every property listed is verified strictly for the purpose of student accommodation in York. We also certify that each property offers bright and clean rooms, great social and study spaces, safe and calm surroundings, and is located close to universities.
6. A seamless and secure booking process. Once you’ve decided where you’d like to take up residence, conveniently pay directly to your property – not a third party. As always, you’ll never pay any additional charges or fees for booking your student accommodation York to Unilodgers.
Move map to see properties
5 results found
The beauty of the city lies in its numerous medieval buildings boasting stunning architecture such as the York Minster, Clifford’s Tower and medieval city walls. Once you are done touring these, you could dwell deeper into York’s history and visit the National Railway museum, Jorvik Viking Centre, York Dungeon and Yorkshire museum. An exciting way to spend the day is watching races at the York Racecourse, which dates back 280 years, to the Roman times.
It is home to the largest Railway museum in the world as well as the largest Gothic Cathedral in northern Europe. It is recognized as the city of Media Arts and is part of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network. York is also the UK's home of chocolate and the birthplace of big names in chocolate such as Rowntree’s Kit Kat, Smarties, Terry’s and Craven’s.
University of York is the major University and owing to its excellence in academics, draws a large number of home and international students to the city every year. The main campus - Heslington West is a short bus ride from the city centre and the other campus is King’s Manor; located in the heart of the city.
Keeping in mind factors like distance and time you will find student accommodations in York, are strategically located to minimize both. They offer a stylish and comfortable selection of studio apartments and shared flats with an option of an en-suite room or a private room with shared bathroom; fully equipped with modern amenities and are suitable to all budgets. All flats have provisions of private study areas and communal lounge/ kitchen to ensure students maintain a healthy balance between studies and social life.
You can get around the city by foot or cycle, to stay fit or can choose to commute between the main campus and city centre by bus; the journey takes 20 minutes. Known to be a major railway centre since 1839, York has excellent railway links to other parts of England, and is an economical and convenient mode for intercity travel. The nearest airports are Manchester airport which can be reached in a little over 2 hours and Heathrow & Gatwick airports in London in about 3 hours from York railway station.
York has a total population of 153,717, which is inclusive of 17,900 students. The months of July and August are the warmest with an average temperature of 21° and January & February the coldest with the average temperature dropping to 7°.