Established in 1828, Sheffield University is a public research university with a rich history. It enrolls over 28,000 students every year. It is ranked 12th in the UK by Times Higher Education World University Rankings and is world-famous for excellent research-led teaching and learning. Students can choose from over 350 clubs and societies to be a part of. Some of the popular ones are Acapella and Beatboxing Society, African Affairs Network Society, Sheffield Anime Soc, etc. There are about 35 sports clubs, both competitive and recreational. The campus provides an inclusive atmosphere for students coming in from different parts of the world. Some of its notable alumni are Lee Child, Amy Johnson, Anne Rafferty, and Jessica B. Hill. You will enjoy multiple student accommodation Sheffield options close to the campus. Student rent in sheffield goes with all kinds of budgets.
Heading to college at the University of Sheffield? Congrats! Students from around the world come to University of Sheffield thanks to its top-rated programs and central location. University of Sheffield boasts a beautiful campus, wide selection of majors, and various campus clubs, so you’ll always have something to do. University of Sheffield off campus accommodation is plentiful and once you decide where you want to live, you’ll have no problem finding a shared apartment, en-suite room, or studio. If you’re getting ready to book your student accommodation near University of Sheffield, Unilodgers can help! Lucky for you, student housing Sheffield is our expertise!
All our student accommodation Sheffield options are located close to public transportation, have amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, theater rooms, and more), and a range of apartments. Share your accommodation with roommates, enjoy the luxury of an en suite room, or live solo in a studio. Students typically enjoy finding University of Sheffield student accommodation at places like Sheffield 3, Castle House-Sheffield 2 , Pickering House- Sheffield 2, Leadmill Point, LIV Sheffield, and more. Each area has unique qualities, but all offer excellent student accommodation choices close to University of Sheffield. Let Unilodgers help you find, compare, and book the ideal spot for your student accommodation.
6 Reasons to Book Your University of Sheffield Off Campus student accommodation With Unilodgers
1. Our services are 100% free. We have absolutely zero fees, charges, or markups on your booking. Why are our services free? For each completed booking, we charge a success fee from property owners…never our student customers.
2. Personalized service is what we’re all about. Each student is assigned a student support specialist for year-round assistance from booking until checkout day. Our 24/7 student support team is always there when you need us.
3. We provide easy and instant online booking. Unilodgers’ online booking platform provides streamlined service from beginning to end. Find the best University of Sheffield student accommodation, book, and confirm. As always, our student support specialists are there for you through it all.
4. Find the best offers guaranteed. There are no off days for Unilodgers, and we pride ourselves on securing the lowest prices and best deals every day.
5. We get student accommodation. At Unilodgers, we truly understand that the student home is the place where a lifetime of memories are made. To that end, we make every effort to provide our students with only the best properties to choose from. We ensure every property listed is verified strictly for the purpose of University of Sheffield off campus student accommodation. We also certify that each property offers bright and clean rooms, great social and study spaces, safe and calm surroundings, and is located close to universities.
6. A seamless and secure booking process. Once you’ve decided where you’d like to take up residence, conveniently pay directly to your property—not a third party. You never pay any additional charges or fees to Unilodgers either.
55 results found
University: 0.34 miles City Center: 0.4 milesFeatures
From £ 127/week
Huntsman House - Sheffield 2
University: 0.4 miles City Center: 0.45 milesFeatures
From £ 109/week
University: 0.47 miles City Center: 0.45 milesFeatures
From £ 112/week
The University of Sheffield, commonly known as Sheffield University is the successor to University College of Sheffield established in 1897, as a result of a merger between Sheffield Medical School (established in 1828), Firth College (founded in 1879) and Sheffield Technical School (established in 1884). It is a public research university located in the city of Sheffield in South Yorkshire, UK. In 2016/17 the university accounted for 20,005 undergraduate and 8,710 postgraduate students.
Sheffield University is a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities, the N8 Group of 8 of the most research-intensive universities in Northern England, the White Rose University Consortium as well as the Worldwide Universities Network. Sheffield is affiliated with 8 Nobel Laureates out of which 6 are former long-term staffs or the alumni of the university. Sheffield University is also one of the original red brick universities.
The QS World University Rankings have placed Sheffield University 75th in the world while Times Higher Education World University Rankings have ranked it at the 104th position worldwide. According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework Sheffield was ranked 12th all over the UK for its Research Power and amongst multi-faculty higher educational institutions for the quality (GPA) of its own research. In the 2011 Times Higher Education Awards, it was named ‘University of the Year’. In terms of student experience, social life, accommodation and university facilities among many other categories, Sheffield was ranked 1st by the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey of 2014.
If your decision to study in Sheffield is firm, it would be best to start looking for the right kind of University of Sheffield student accommodations that is most suitable for you. You can choose to live close to the university campus or the Sheffield city centre, as per your preference.