Newcastle University is a red brick university established in 1834. It enrolls over 24,000 students every year. NCL is a renowned member of the Russel Group, making excellent research. The students can choose from 65 sports clubs, both recreational and competitive. Apart from sports, there are numerous societies for everybody to be a part of and great options for Newcastle university accommodation. One of the three unique societies in Newcastle University is the 20 Minute Society, that hosts mystery events and notifies the students only twenty minutes before its commencement through a text message. The other two are Mind the Gap - The Mental Health Society and the Feminist Society. Our very own Mr. Bean, Rowan Atkinson is from Newcastle University. Some of the other notable alumni include Paul Kennedy, Bryan Ferry, Charlie Webster, and many more.
Heading to college at Newcastle University? Congrats! Students from around the world come to Newcastle University thanks to its top-rated programs and central location. Newcastle University boasts a beautiful campus, wide selection of majors, and various campus clubs, so you’ll always have something to do. Newcastle University accommodation is plentiful and once you decide where you want to live, you’ll have no problem finding a shared apartment, en-suite room, or studio. If you’re getting ready to book your Newcastle uni accommodation, Unilodgers can help!
All our Newcastle University accommodation options are located close to public transportation, have amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, theater rooms, and more), and a range of apartments. Share your student accommodation with roommates, enjoy the luxury of an en suite room, or live solo in a studio. Students typically enjoy finding Newcastle University student accommodation at places like St James House, Newcastle 1, Newgate Court, Nido Stepney Yard, Nido Union Square, and more. Each area has unique qualities, but all offer excellent student accommodation choices close to Newcastle University. Let Unilodgers help you find, compare, and book the ideal spot for your Newcastle University student accommodation.
6 Reasons to Book Your Newcastle University Off Campus student accommodation With Unilodgers
1. Our services are 100% free. We have absolutely zero fees, charges, or markups on your booking. Why are our services free? For each completed booking, we charge a success fee from property owners…never our student customers.
2. Personalized service is what we’re all about. Each student is assigned a student support specialist for year-round assistance from booking until checkout day. Our 24/7 student support team is always there when you need us.
3. We provide easy and instant online booking. Unilodgers’ online booking platform provides streamlined service from beginning to end. Find the best Newcastle University student accommodation, book, and confirm. As always, our student support specialists are there for you through it all.
4. Find the best offers guaranteed. There are no off days for Unilodgers, and we pride ourselves on securing the lowest prices and best deals every day.
5. We get student accommodation. At Unilodgers, we truly understand that the student home is the place where a lifetime of memories are made. To that end, we make every effort to provide our students with only the best properties to choose from. We ensure every property listed is verified strictly for the purpose of Newcastle University off campus student accommodation. We also certify that each property offers bright and clean rooms, great social and study spaces, safe and calm surroundings, and is located close to universities.
6. A seamless and secure booking process. Once you’ve decided where you’d like to take up residence, conveniently pay directly to your property—not a third party. You never pay any additional charges or fees to Unilodgers either.
46 results found
University: 0.68 miles City Center: 0.69 milesFeatures
From £ 126/week
Newcastle University is formally known as the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. The university has its origins way back in the 1800's when it was established in the year of 1834 as a School of Medicine and Surgery and later changed its name to the College of Medicine and to the College of Physical Science which later changed its name to Armstrong College in the year of 1871. These two colleges combined led to the formation of one division of the federal University of Durham. 1937 was a significant year as the Newcastle Colleges merged to form King's College. In the year of 1963, King’s College became the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, following an Act of Parliament.
Newcastle University is a higher education research university for the public which is located in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North-East of England. The university is a member of the Russell Group which is a prestigious association of research-intensive UK universities. Newcastle University also has one of the few largest EU research portfolios in the United Kingdom. Newcastle University is a red brick university and invites more than 20,000 students from almost 120 different countries. It is ranked in the top 200 of most world rankings, and in the top 25 of most UK rankings. It is ranked 161st by QS, 114th by Leiden and 190th by Times Higher Education globally in 2016, placing it in the top 1% of universities.
If your decision to study in Newcastle is final, it is time to narrow down on a Newcastle University student accommodation. There are comfortable and affordable student rooms available near the university campus and in Newcastle city centre too.