Newcastle-under-Lyme is a Market town as well as the principal settlement of the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme and is located in Staffordshire, England. Interestingly, the town derives its name ‘Newcastle’ from being the site of a new castle and ‘Lyme’ , it is believed was derived either from the Lyme Brook that runs through the town or from the extensive lime forests in the middle ages. The popular musician Robbie Williams was born here at the Royal Infirmary. The city offers international students some of United Kingdom's finest higher education institutions, including Keele University, Staffordshire University, and many more. Owing to this, student accommodation in Newcastle Under Lyme has witnessed massive growth. Thousands of international students flock to the city to get the best of higher education. Find hundreds of student rooms from en suites, studios, shared flats for Newcastle Under Lyme Universities on Unilodgers.com. On Unilodgers, all student living in Newcastle Under Lyme comes fully furnished to the highest of standards to ensure a comfortable stay.
Get ready to have the time of your life in Newcastle Under Lyme, one of the most livable cities in the world! Students from around the globe come to Newcastle Under Lyme for its top-notch universities, cultural diversity, exciting culinary scene, bountiful job market, and so much more. Student accommodation in Newcastle Under Lyme is plentiful and once you decide which area to live in, you’ll have no problem finding a shared apartment, en-suite room, or studio. If you’re getting ready to book your student housing in Newcastle Under Lyme, Unilodgers can help!
All our Newcastle Under Lyme properties are located close to public transport, have amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, and theater rooms), and a range of apartments. Share your accommodations with roommates, enjoy the luxury of an en suite room, or live solo in a studio. Students typically enjoy finding student housing in Newcastle Under Lyme at places like Keele House, Orme House and more. Each area has unique qualities, but all offer excellent accommodation choices close to various schools. Let Unilodgers help you find, compare, and book the ideal spot for you and your friends near Newcastle Under Lyme’s leading universities.
6 Reasons to Book Your Student accommodation in Newcastle Under Lyme With Unilodgers
1. Our services are 100% free. We have absolutely zero fees, charges, or markups on your booking. Why are our services free? For each completed booking, we charge a success fee from property owners…never our student customers.
2. Personalized service is what we’re all about. Each student is assigned a student support specialist for year-round assistance from booking until checkout day. Our 24/7 student support team is always there when you need us.
3. We provide easy and instant online booking. Unilodgers’ online booking platform provides streamlined service from beginning to end. Find the best student housing in Newcastle Under Lyme, book, and confirm. As always, our student support specialists are there for you through it all.
4. Find the best offers guaranteed. There are no off days for Unilodgers, and we pride ourselves on securing the lowest prices and best deals every day.
5. We get student accommodation. At Unilodgers we truly understand that the student home is the place where a lifetime of memories are made. To that end, we make every effort to provide our students with only the best properties to select from. We ensure every property listed is verified strictly for the purpose of student accommodation in Newcastle Under Lyme. We also certify that each property offers bright and clean rooms, great social and study spaces, safe and calm surroundings, and is located close to universities.
6. A seamless and secure booking process. Once you’ve decided where you’d like to take up residence, conveniently pay directly to your property – not a third party. You never pay any additional charges or fees to Unilodgers either.
Move map to see properties
3 results found
To learn more about the culture of the borough you could visit the Borough museum & Art Gallery, Gladstone Pottery museum at Stoke-on-Trent to discover how bone china crockery was made in 1780 and Stafford Castle, only to name a few. There are quite a few green spaces in and around town such as the Brampton Park and Trentham Gardens where you could just relax with your friends or take a leisure walk.
A large number of home and international students are attracted to the town due to the close proximity to Keele University and Staffordshire University, which are the major Universities around the area.
All student accommodations in Newcastle-under-Lyme offer a wide selection of contemporary and comfortable studios and shared flats, all of which are fully furnished with modern amenities; there are provisions of common lounge/kitchen areas to ensure you have a sociable environment. Many of the student accommodations also offer convenient on-site facilities like gyms and laundry areas.
The population of Newcastle-under-Lyme is around 128,264 consisting of approximately 9,500 students. The town experiences mild to warm summers with the highest temperature at 19° in July & August and chilly winters with temperatures dropping to as low as 5° in the months of January & February.
Buses are the most convenient and pocket-friendly mode of transport to get around town and commuting to your respective University campuses, which are both a 15 minutes bus ride from the town centre. The nearest railway station is Stoke-on-Trent railway station, which offers good connectivity with other parts of UK and by bus, can be reached in 20 minutes. If travelling by air, consider Manchester airport, as it is the closest international airport and can be reached in 1 hour 20 minutes and if flying via London Heathrow, the journey takes a little over 2.5 hours.