Lismore is a city located on the confluence of Wilson River and Leycester Creek in the northeast of New South Wales in Australia. It serves as the economic and cultural capital of the Northern Rivers region. The city and its surrounding areas were once a rainforest, popularly known around the world as ‘The Big Scrub’; by the 19th century the rainforest was felled to establish farms as well as settlements. The city offers international students some of Australia's finest higher education institutions, including Southern Cross University, and many more. Owing to this, student accommodation in Lismore has witnessed massive growth. Thousands of international students flock to the city to get the best of higher education. Find hundreds of student rooms from en suites, studios, shared flats for Lismore Universities on Unilodgers.com. On Unilodgers, all student living in Lismore comes fully furnished to the highest of standards to ensure a comfortable stay.
Get ready to have the time of your life in Lismore, one of the most livable cities in the world! Students from around the globe come to Lismore for its top-notch universities, cultural diversity, exciting culinary scene, bountiful job market, and so much more. Student accommodation in Lismore is plentiful and once you decide which area to live in, you’ll have no problem finding a shared apartment, en-suite room, or studio. If you’re getting ready to book your student housing in Lismore, Unilodgers can help!
All our Lismore properties are located close to public transport, have amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, and theater rooms), and a range of apartments. Share your accommodations with roommates, enjoy the luxury of an en suite room, or live solo in a studio. Students typically enjoy finding student housing in Lismore at places like SCU Village Lismore Campus, and more. Each area has unique qualities, but all offer excellent accommodation choices close to various schools. Let Unilodgers help you find, compare, and book the ideal spot for you and your friends near Lismore’s leading universities.
6 Reasons to Book Your Student accommodation in Lismore With Unilodgers
1. Our services are 100% free. We have absolutely zero fees, charges, or markups on your booking. Why are our services free? For each completed booking, we charge a success fee from property owners…never our student customers.
2. Personalized service is what we’re all about. Each student is assigned a student support specialist for year-round assistance from booking until checkout day. Our 24/7 student support team is always there when you need us.
3. We provide easy and instant online booking. Unilodgers’ online booking platform provides streamlined service from beginning to end. Find the best student housing in Lismore, book, and confirm. As always, our student support specialists are there for you through it all.
4. Find the best offers guaranteed. There are no off days for Unilodgers, and we pride ourselves on securing the lowest prices and best deals every day.
5. We get student accommodation. At Unilodgers we truly understand that the student home is the place where a lifetime of memories are made. To that end, we make every effort to provide our students with only the best properties to select from. We ensure every property listed is verified strictly for the purpose of student accommodation in Lismore. We also certify that each property offers bright and clean rooms, great social and study spaces, safe and calm surroundings, and is located close to universities.
6. A seamless and secure booking process. Once you’ve decided where you’d like to take up residence, conveniently pay directly to your property – not a third party. You never pay any additional charges or fees to Unilodgers either.
Move map to see properties
1 results found
Student accommodation Lismore offers a range of shared flats and studios to choose from; located at prime locations near the SCU campus. You will be able to find affordable student rooms that are fully furnished with all modern amenities. All student accommodation in Lismore are dedicated to providing you with a secure, stimulating and sociable environment, which will enable you to study effectively as well as mingle with the diverse student community.
You can easily get around the city by buses, if you’re not in a mood to walk or have longer distances to cover. If you would like to explore more cities in Australia Lismore Regional Airport only 5 minutes away from the Lismore CBD and the nearest international airport is Gold Coast airport 3 hours by train and a little over an hour by car.
The approximate population of Lismore is 27,569, which is comprised of an estimated 9,000 students. The city experiences very warm summers with the temperature going up to as high as 30° in the month of January. During winter the temperature drops to 20° on an average in June & July.
Although Lismore is more of a residential city, there is much to do and see around here! For culture vultures, there are numerous historical buildings, churches and museums, and we recommend a visit to the Lismore Regional Art Gallery and Back Alley Gallery. You can spend days when you want quiet or just soak some sun and relax with friends, you can head to the Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens. Sports enthusiasts can benefit from excellent facilities at Oakes Ovel, which is also a sporting ground for numerous events.
Now don’t we all love shopping? You can find everything under one roof at one of these; Lismore Square, Lismore Central shopping centre or Kmart. If you are looking for artsy stuff, vintage or even retro Lismore’s alleys, side-streets and the open-wide boulevards will have something for each one of you! There are plenty of restaurants and cafes to explore too, a few worth a mention are Fire in The Belly, LaVida Bar & Restaurant and The Bank Café & Espresso.
Essentially a university city, the nightlife in Lismore is always pumping with a multicultural student vibe. You can have a laid back evening with friends at a traditional pub or a trendy bar, watch occasional theatre every now and then, catch the latest movie at cinemas or enjoy live music gigs. Whatever you are in the mood for the city has you well covered! We absolutely recommend The Deck & lounge, Mary G’s and The Terrace Bar.