Unilodgers makes your search for the perfect student apartment in San Marcos, TX easy. Browse a range of off-campus Texas State housing options, compare prices and more to find the right fit for you.
There is plenty to see and do in and around San Marcos. The city has plenty of beautiful greenery and the people here are known for being very welcoming. You’ll find many great museums in the area, like the Calaboose African American Museum, where you can learn more about African American culture and gain insight into Jazz music’s evolution over the years. Go on a guided fishing trip at Hill Country Flyfishers. Get to know about the life of Lyndon Baines Johnson, the 36th President of the United States at the LBJ Museum. Devour a delicious meal at Mama Kat's Restaurant, a family-owned restaurant. The food here is so good that you’ll keep coming back for more!
Now all that’s left to do is determine where you’ll call home.
All of our properties are unique, but each student living community is located close to public transportation, has amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, and theater rooms), and a range of student apartments. Now, where would you like to live?
Searching for Student Housing in San Marcos? 6 Reasons to Book With Unilodgers:
- No ifs, no bots: Our Personal Student Advisors are real people, available 24x7 to guide you through anything
- Save for a rainy day: With ‘lowest price promise’ and the best deals on every property, we master the art of bargaining.
- Easy to look, easy to book: Our simple online interface takes all the fuss out of finding and booking your student housing.
- No secrets. We promise: You pay the rent, and nothing but the rent - we don't do commissions, booking fees, or hidden charges.
- There’s one for everyone: In pants and in student housing, "one size fits all" never works. We offer you a variety of options such as choosing an entire place, a shared apartment, or a private room - whatever suits your needs.
- We students: We ensure that all properties listed with us are comfortable, welcoming, and suitable for a student’s lifestyle
Move map to see properties
Explore beautiful and popular places to stay with all the comfort of home.
Located just 30 miles south of Austin, San Marcos is both a college town and a water recreation mecca. San Marcos’ hip personality is deeply seated in its historic culture. Think of the city as a study in contradictions. A leisurely daytime stroll shopping and dining around the Downtown Square turns into a rocking good time for students once the sun goes down.
San Marcos has two main seasons –the dry season (from November to April) and the wet season (from May till October).
Since San Marcos is a really tiny town, no cars are needed. You can reach everything on foot from your student living. Right on the dock, there are always a few kids happy to help you with navigation. The city is extremely friendly and if you’re an international student, the locals will be more than happy to help you out!
Tuk-tuks are another way to get around the town, especially if you have luggage or are heading back to your student apartment in San Marcos, Tx, that is out of town after dark. If you want to visit other villages around the lake the easiest way is by boat. The boat departs every 20-30 minutes from the public dock and go usually until sunset.