Middlesbrough is a large post-industrial town, situated on the River Tees’ south banks, in North Yorkshire, England. The world-renowned voyager who discovered Australia - Captain James Cook was born in Stewart Park in Marton, Middlesbrough and to celebrate his 250th birth anniversary, the Captain Cook Birthplace Museum was opened in 1978, at the site he was actually born. The town is home to Middlesbrough Football Club and the famous Transporter Bridge which is the only bridge in the UK from where you can bungee jump. The city offers international students some of United Kingdom's finest higher education institutions, including The Teesside University and many more. Owing to this, student accommodation in Middlesbrough has witnessed massive growth. Thousands of international students flock to the city to get the best of higher education. Find hundreds of student rooms from en suites, studios, shared flats for Middlesbrough Universities on Unilodgers.com. On Unilodgers, all student living in Middlesbrough comes fully furnished to the highest of standards to ensure a comfortable stay.
Get ready to have the time of your life in Middlesbrough, one of the most livable cities in the world! Students from around the globe come to Middlesbrough for its top-notch universities, cultural diversity, exciting culinary scene, bountiful job market, and so much more. Student accommodation in Middlesbrough is plentiful and once you decide which area to live in, you’ll have no problem finding a shared apartment, en-suite room, or studio. If you’re getting ready to book your student housing in Middlesbrough, Unilodgers can help!
All our Middlesbrough properties are located close to public transport, have amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, and theater rooms), and a range of apartments. Share your accommodations with roommates, enjoy the luxury of an en suite room, or live solo in a studio. Students typically enjoy finding student housing in Middlesbrough at places like Rede House , and more. Each area has unique qualities, but all offer excellent accommodation choices close to various schools. Let Unilodgers help you find, compare, and book the ideal spot for you and your friends near Middlesbrough’s leading universities.
6 Reasons to Book Your Student accommodation in Middlesbrough With Unilodgers
1. Our services are 100% free. We have absolutely zero fees, charges, or markups on your booking. Why are our services free? For each completed booking, we charge a success fee from property owners…never our student customers.
2. Personalized service is what we’re all about. Each student is assigned a student support specialist for year-round assistance from booking until checkout day. Our 24/7 student support team is always there when you need us.
3. We provide easy and instant online booking. Unilodgers’ online booking platform provides streamlined service from beginning to end. Find the best student housing in Middlesbrough, book, and confirm. As always, our student support specialists are there for you through it all.
4. Find the best offers guaranteed. There are no off days for Unilodgers, and we pride ourselves on securing the lowest prices and best deals every day.
5. We get student accommodation. At Unilodgers we truly understand that the student home is the place where a lifetime of memories are made. To that end, we make every effort to provide our students with only the best properties to select from. We ensure every property listed is verified strictly for the purpose of student accommodation in Middlesbrough. We also certify that each property offers bright and clean rooms, great social and study spaces, safe and calm surroundings, and is located close to universities.
6. A seamless and secure booking process. Once you’ve decided where you’d like to take up residence, conveniently pay directly to your property – not a third party. You never pay any additional charges or fees to Unilodgers either.
Move map to see properties
The Teesside University is the major University in town that attracts a large number of home and international students to Middlesbrough annually. The main campus of the University is only a short walk from the town centre.
Student accommodations in Middlesbrough are within walking distance from the University campus as well as the city centre; they offer a wide variety of modern and comfortable shared and studio flats that are fully furnished with state-of-the-art amenities. You will find provisions for private study areas and communal lounge/kitchen areas in all flats which are there to ensure you study effectively as well as have a sociable environment you can thrive in.
For getting around Middlesbrough, and to neighbouring cities and towns; there is an extensive network of buses that you can avail at student discount. The Middlesbrough railway station has excellent rail links to other major cities in UK, and is the fastest mode of transport for intercity travel. If travelling by air, the nearest airports are Newcastle International airport – can be reached in 2 hours; Manchester airport – can be reached within 3 hours and if flying from London airports; you can reach London Kings Cross station in 3 hours and get on a connecting train to Heathrow International airport.
The population of Middlesbrough is estimated at 138,400, out of which approximately 20,000 are students. The town experiences relatively warm summers with the highest temperature at 20° in July & August; January is the coldest month of winter with the temperature dropping to 6°.