Ipswich is the County town of Suffolk and is located on the estuary of River Orwell, 97 Km north east of London. It has served as one of England’s most important ports’ for all of its history and had been continuously occupied since the Anglo-Saxon period; however, today Ipswich is rich with a multicultural vibe and offers its students a very welcoming environment. The city offers international students some of United Kingdom's finest higher education institutions, including the University of Suffolk and many more. Owing to this, student accommodation in Ipswich has witnessed massive growth. Thousands of international students flock to the city to get the best of higher education. Find hundreds of student rooms from en suites, studios, shared flats for Ipswich Universities on Unilodgers.com. On Unilodgers, all student living in Ipswich comes fully furnished to the highest of standards to ensure a comfortable stay.
Get ready to have the time of your life in Ipswich, one of the most livable cities in the world! Students from around the globe come to Ipswich for its top-notch universities, cultural diversity, exciting culinary scene, bountiful job market, and so much more. Student accommodation in Ipswich is plentiful and once you decide which area to live in, you’ll have no problem finding a shared apartment, en-suite room, or studio. If you’re getting ready to book your student housing in Ipswich, Unilodgers can help!
All our Ipswich properties are located close to public transport, have amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, and theater rooms), and a range of apartments. Share your accommodations with roommates, enjoy the luxury of an en suite room, or live solo in a studio. Students typically enjoy finding student housing in Ipswich at places like AXO Sufflock, Athena Hall, and more. Each area has unique qualities, but all offer excellent accommodation choices close to various schools. Let Unilodgers help you find, compare, and book the ideal spot for you and your friends near Ipswich’s leading universities.
6 Reasons to Book Your Student accommodation in Ipswich With Unilodgers
1. Our services are 100% free. We have absolutely zero fees, charges, or markups on your booking. Why are our services free? For each completed booking, we charge a success fee from property owners…never our student customers.
2. Personalized service is what we’re all about. Each student is assigned a student support specialist for year-round assistance from booking until checkout day. Our 24/7 student support team is always there when you need us.
3. We provide easy and instant online booking. Unilodgers’ online booking platform provides streamlined service from beginning to end. Find the best student housing in Ipswich, book, and confirm. As always, our student support specialists are there for you through it all.
4. Find the best offers guaranteed. There are no off days for Unilodgers, and we pride ourselves on securing the lowest prices and best deals every day.
5. We get student accommodation. At Unilodgers we truly understand that the student home is the place where a lifetime of memories are made. To that end, we make every effort to provide our students with only the best properties to select from. We ensure every property listed is verified strictly for the purpose of student accommodation in Ipswich. We also certify that each property offers bright and clean rooms, great social and study spaces, safe and calm surroundings, and is located close to universities.
6. A seamless and secure booking process. Once you’ve decided where you’d like to take up residence, conveniently pay directly to your property – not a third party. You never pay any additional charges or fees to Unilodgers either.
Move map to see properties
The town is home to the first Institute of Higher Education in Suffolk - University of Suffolk which attracts a sizeable population of home and international students to Ipswich every year. The main campus of the University is located at the picturesque waterfront.
Student accommodations in Ipswich are stylish, comfortable as well as affordable and allow you to choose from a variety of studios and shared flats, fully equipped with modern amenities. All flats are inclusive of communal lounge areas so that you have a social haven where you can hang out with friends and make new ones; they are also strategically located so that the University campus and town centre are within easy reach.
The compactness of the town makes walking and cycling the most pleasant ways of commute; for covering longer distances you can avail the bus services, at excellent student discounts. If planning intercity travel, the Ipswich Station has regular train services to other parts of England and from here you can reach London Liverpool Street Station in a little over an hour and the nearest international airports – London Stansted Airport and London Heathrow airport in about 2.5 hours.
The population of Ipswich is estimated at 135,000 and is inclusive of over 5,000 students. During summers the temperature can reach its highest in the months of July & August at 22° and in winter the temperature averages at 7° in January and February.