Canterbury is a city in the County of Kent and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is located on the banks of the River Stour, 89 Km east-southeast of London. The city is home to the first and the oldest Church in the English speaking world – St. Martin’s Church, which dates back to 597 A.D. and has long since served as a pilgrim site. It is one of the most visited cities of the UK and offers a culturally diverse environment for students to thrive in. The city offers international students some of United Kingdom's finest higher education institutions, including the University of Kent, University of the Creative Arts, Canterbury Christ Church University, and many more. Owing to this, student accommodation in Canterbury has witnessed massive growth. Thousands of international students flock to the city to get the best of higher education. Find hundreds of student rooms from en suites, studios, shared flats for Canterbury Universities on Unilodgers.com. On Unilodgers, all student living in Canterbury comes fully furnished to the highest of standards to ensure a comfortable stay.
Get ready to have the time of your life in Canterbury, one of the most livable cities in the world! Students from around the globe come to Canterbury for its top-notch universities, cultural diversity, exciting culinary scene, bountiful job market, and so much more. Student accommodation in Canterbury is plentiful and once you decide which area to live in, you’ll have no problem finding a shared apartment, en-suite room, or studio. If you’re getting ready to book your student housing in Canterbury, Unilodgers can help!
All our Canterbury properties are located close to public transport, have amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, and theater rooms), and a range of apartments. Share your accommodations with roommates, enjoy the luxury of an en suite room, or live solo in a studio. Students typically enjoy finding student housing in Canterbury at places like Student Village, Palamon Court and more. Each area has unique qualities, but all offer excellent accommodation choices close to various schools. Let Unilodgers help you find, compare, and book the ideal spot for you and your friends near Canterbury’s leading universities.
6 Reasons to Book Your Student accommodation in Canterbury With Unilodgers
1. Our services are 100% free. We have absolutely zero fees, charges, or markups on your booking. Why are our services free? For each completed booking, we charge a success fee from property owners…never our student customers.
2. Personalized service is what we’re all about. Each student is assigned a student support specialist for year-round assistance from booking until checkout day. Our 24/7 student support team is always there when you need us.
3. We provide easy and instant online booking. Unilodgers’ online booking platform provides streamlined service from beginning to end. Find the best student housing in Canterbury, book, and confirm. As always, our student support specialists are there for you through it all.
4. Find the best offers guaranteed. There are no off days for Unilodgers, and we pride ourselves on securing the lowest prices and best deals every day.
5. We get student accommodation. At Unilodgers we truly understand that the student home is the place where a lifetime of memories are made. To that end, we make every effort to provide our students with only the best properties to select from. We ensure every property listed is verified strictly for the purpose of student accommodation in Canterbury. We also certify that each property offers bright and clean rooms, great social and study spaces, safe and calm surroundings, and is located close to universities.
6. A seamless and secure booking process. Once you’ve decided where you’d like to take up residence, conveniently pay directly to your property – not a third party. You never pay any additional charges or fees to Unilodgers either.
Move map to see properties
3 results found
You simply must not miss out on viewing Canterbury Christchurch Cathedral & Precint, St. Augustine’s Abbey, and St. Martins Church since these combined contribute to Canterbury’s title of a UNESCO World Heritage site. To dig deeper into history you can visit the Canterbury Roman museum and Beaney House of Art & Knowledge.
There are three Universities, which draw a very large student population each year; they are University of Kent, University of the Creative Arts and Canterbury Christ Church University.
Student accommodations in Canterbury offer a wide range of luxurious studio apartments and private rooms in shared flats, suitable to all budgets. They are very well equipped with modern amenities and are strategically located so that you are close to both your respective University campus as well as the city centre.
Canterbury is a compact city and most distances can be covered by foot and cycle. University of Kent is about 25 minutes’ walk, whereas both, University of the Creative Arts and Canterbury Christ Church University are under 10 minutes’ walk from the city centre. For commuting on rainy days and if venturing out of the city, the public bus is an economical mode of transport. There are excellent railway links to other parts of UK; you can get trains to Heathrow or Gatwick airports and complete the journey in 2 hours & 15 minutes and London St. Pancras can be reached in an hour.
The total population of Canterbury is 55,240, out of which an estimated 31,000 are students. The city experiences mild temperatures all year round and relatively less rainfall; the highest temperature in summer is in the month of July at 21° and January is the coldest month of winter at 7°.