UMass off campus housing choices ranges from shared rooms and private rooms in shared apartments to entire places. All of the options are en-suite, in apartment configurations of one, two or four bedroom spaces. Live close to the beautiful Merrimack River, with the uni within a short drive. Car parking is a given at all the apartment communities, and some even provide bike storage in case you prefer to ride a bicycle. Most of the properties are on the Lowell Trolley Route, benefitting from the shuttle service to UMass.
Want to explore the neighborhood? UMass Lowell off campus housing is close to a few parks and countless restaurants that serve excellent seafood, flavorsome steaks and many international cuisines. The kitchen in each apartment comes with stainless steel appliances so you can get cracking on your favorite dishes straight from Masterchef! Not in the mood to study in your room? Check out the noise-free 24-hour study rooms where you can be up all night without disturbing anyone. The rental includes gas, water and WiFi.
Some of the finest apartments near UMass Lowell have multiple common spaces to chill and meet your friends. Binge-watch Netflix on the flat-screen TVs as you sit back on the lounging chairs. Looking for more entertainment? There's pool table, foosball and even arcade gaming machines to keep you hooked till you’re ready to call it a day. The friendliest properties with an awesome management team even plan social events every now and then to create more opportunities to interact with new people.
Security is of utmost importance at UMass apartments. With 24x7 on-site security, you can live in peace. The properties with onsite maintenance are a lifesaver when you’ve broken a lamp or cannot get the washer to work. Now, you can relax at the outdoor courtyard while all your needs are taken care of.
Ready to book UMass off campus housing? Here’s why booking with Unilodgers is the smart way to do it.
- No ifs, no bots: Our Personal Student Advisors are real people, available 24x7 to guide you through anything
- Save for a rainy day: With ‘lowest price promise’ and the best deals on every property, we master the art of bargaining.
- Easy to look, easy to book: Our simple online interface takes all the fuss out of finding and booking your student housing.
- No secrets. We promise: You pay the rent, and nothing but the rent - we don't do commissions, booking fees, or hidden charges.
- There’s one for everyone: In pants and in student housing, "one size fits all" never works. We offer you a variety of options such as choosing an entire place, a shared apartment, or a private room - whatever suits your needs.
- We students: We ensure that all properties listed with us are comfortable, welcoming, and suitable for a student’s lifestyle
Move map to see properties
Established in 1894, the University of Massachusetts is located in the city of Lowell – the cradle of the American Industrial Revolution. Affiliated to the UMass System, this varsity is attended by more than 18,000 students. Pick your UMass housing to be close to all the action at the uni. With over 250 student-run organizations, UMass Lowell offers a lot of scope for personal development and meaningful interactions. The uni also has an active Greek life, with both local and nation-wide fraternities and sororities on campus.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell has an urban campus that sprawls over 150 acres. Inter-college athletics is taken quite seriously by the student body, and the sports teams are represented as the River Hawks. Look forward to participating in ice hockey, baseball, lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, field hockey, softball, cross country, and track and field. One can study in the fields of Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities, and Education, among others.