Birmingham City University was established in 1843 and gained university status in 1992. More than 24,000 students call it home every year. BCU has four faculties spread over its three main campuses. Top-notch education is provided in the fields of Art and Design, Business, Education, Engineering, Law and Social Sciences. The Student Union of Birmingham City University (BCUSU) runs several societies for students to engage themselves in outside classes. Being a part of a club outside the class adds to the learning experience of every student. Many gorgeous off campus accommodation options are available on a short distance from the campus. Laura Mvula, Paul Bradshaw, Charlie Stayt, Lynne Jones and Phil Upton are a few of the most renowned BCU alumni.
Heading to college at Birmingham City University? Congrats! Students from around the world come to Birmingham City University thanks to its top-rated programs and central location. Birmingham City University boasts a beautiful campus, wide selection of majors, and various campus clubs, so you’ll always have something to do. Birmingham City University off campus student accommodation is plentiful and once you decide where you want to live, you’ll have no problem finding a shared apartment, en-suite room, or studio. If you’re getting ready to book your student apartment near Birmingham City University, Unilodgers can help!
All our Birmingham City University properties are located close to public transportation, have amazing facilities (like gyms, Instagrammable rooftop terraces, gaming lounges, theater rooms, and more), and a range of apartments. Share your accommodation s with roommates, enjoy the luxury of an en suite room, or live solo in a studio. Students typically enjoy finding Birmingham City University student accommodation at places like The Heights, The Old Fire Station-Birmingham, Canalside, Kensington House, 88 Bromsgrove House and more. Each area has unique qualities, but all offer excellent student accommodation choices close to Birmingham City University. Let Unilodgers help you find, compare, and book the ideal spot for your student housing.
6 Reasons to Book Your Birmingham City University Off Campus student accommodation With Unilodgers
1. Our services are 100% free. We have absolutely zero fees, charges, or markups on your booking. Why are our services free? For each completed booking, we charge a success fee from property owners…never our student customers.
2. Personalized service is what we’re all about. Each student is assigned a student support specialist for year-round assistance from booking until checkout day. Our 24/7 student support team is always there when you need us.
3. We provide easy and instant online booking. Unilodgers’ online booking platform provides streamlined service from beginning to end. Find the best Birmingham City University student housing, book, and confirm. As always, our student support specialists are there for you through it all.
4. Find the best offers guaranteed. There are no off days for Unilodgers, and we pride ourselves on securing the lowest prices and best deals every day.
5. We get student housing. At Unilodgers, we truly understand that the student home is the place where a lifetime of memories are made. To that end, we make every effort to provide our students with only the best properties to choose from. We ensure every property listed is verified strictly for the purpose of Birmingham City University off campus housing. We also certify that each property offers bright and clean rooms, great social and study spaces, safe and calm surroundings, and is located close to universities.
6. A seamless and secure booking process. Once you’ve decided where you’d like to take up residence, conveniently pay directly to your property—not a third party. You never pay any additional charges or fees to Unilodgers either.
39 results found
iQ Penworks House
University: 0.46 miles City Center: 0.17 milesFeatures
From £ 145/week
iQ Studios 51
University: 0.51 miles City Center: 0.23 milesFeatures
From £ 166/week
iQ Broderick House
University: 1.37 miles City Center: 1.32 milesFeatures
From £ 128/week
Vita Student Birmingham
University: 2.49 miles City Center: 2.57 milesFeatures
From £ 245/week
Birmingham City University, more commonly termed as BCU is a modern university in Birmingham City in the UK. Starting from the year 1843, it was called the Birmingham College of Art, until the year 1971, when it was designated as a polytechnic. Furthermore, it finally gained the official University status in the year 1992. The University offers multiple Undergraduate and Masters courses in art and design, business, built environment, computing, education, engineering, English, healthcare, law, performing arts, social sciences, and technology.
The Birmingham City University has been accredited with national recognition as a Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning in the field of Health and Social Care. The University has also received excellent response from the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education for its institutional audit and the major review of Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professions. It is also the first University in England to possess an on-site virtual operating suite for students in the Health stream. According to the Smithers-Robinson League Table for initial teacher training, Birmingham City University along with three other Universities has been ranked in the Top Ten. The University is frequently among the best in terms of Ofsted inspection scores for teacher education courses. The University is claimed to have the highest intake of international students in Birmingham.
If your decision to study in Birmingham is confirmed; there are some excellent Birmingham City University student accommodations available, you can live close to the Birmingham City centre as well if you like.